- A new service has been added to the Nagarik app for vehicle renewal
- Citizens can now update their vehicles’ bluebook online using the Nagarik app
- The new service will be initiating from Shrawn 1, starting in Bagmati province
Nagarik app users can now access the vehicle renewal service right from the app. The Ministry of Physical Infrastructure Development of Bagmati Province issued the notice regrading this service which will be available from Shrawan 1. Vehicles registered at its provincial Transport Management Office will have their bluebooks updated along with other service charges and tax payment online.
Nagarik app Vehicle Renewal Service
The main motive of this app is to digitize all governmental services and offer them through a single platform. Integration of ‘Vehicle Renewal Service’ is yet another effort to allow citizens to take advantage of their vehicle related services using an online portal. This feature will make it much more convenience for the public update their vehicle’s bluebook online, avoiding trouble of waiting for hours at transport offices.
The online renewal service is currently in its trial phase and will be initially available only in Bagmati province. Local people who have registered their vehicles at the Transport Management Office of Bagmati Province can use this service to renew their vehicle documents online. The ministry has also ensured integrating more transport-related payment services such as taxes, insurance, and fines.
How to Renew your Vehicle’s Bluebook via Nagarik app?
You can renew your vehicle within the Nagarik app just by following few simple steps.
- First, open Nagarik app and find the Vehicle Tax option and then browse through it.
- Next, you need to select your vehicle and verify its details before proceeding to renewal. We might need to add some necessary information manually.
- The app allows users to view the details of their vehicles and tax status. Although, the details aren’t updated at the moment which we can expect to see after the official implementation of this service from Shrawan.
- Citizens can also pay for the pending tax amount from the app itself.
Alternative way to Renew your Vehicle
Another simple way to update your vehicle’s official documents is using the Transport Management Information System (TMIS) portal. You need to create an account for new registration; you can sign up by using your verified mobile number and a password.
Once you have an account in the TMIS portal, follow the given steps:
- After logging in to the TMIS portal, find your vehicle in the search menu by selecting license type, Zonal Code, type of vehicle, lot, symbol, and plate number.
- Link the vehicle to your name, confirm the conditions and fill in the remaining detailed info.
- You will be forwarded to the vehicles information dashboard. The dashboard contains information like the vehicle brand, Model number, CC, Engine number and Chasis number.
- You also need to add a picture of your bluebook for confirmation. There is a registration date similar to bluebook.
Online vehicle renewal service will bring relief to the numerous Nepali citizens and vehicle owners. They don’t need to go through the unnecessary stress of standing in a long queue in the transport office to update their vehicle’s bluebook. It will help save a lot of time and energy of the public while making the services available in the most convenient way possible. The government has promised to add more and more services to the Nagarik app.