Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada | Job Bank Fruit Picker Job Vacancies and Openings 2023: Are you searching for Fruit picking jobs in Canada? If yes, you are on the right platform. We have researched and found some of your top career paths in Fruit picking jobs in Canada.
Fruit Picking jobs are available in the summer, typically from May to September. Fruit-picking jobs can be temporary work. The availability of fruit-picking jobs depends upon the season and time of the year. For example, in British Columbia, the cherry-picking season typically runs from early June to mid-July. The apple-picking season in Ontario starts in late August and runs through October.
You can get fruit-picking jobs if you are physically fit and mentally sound. These jobs require long hours in the sun. Some may require climbing in the ladders as well. The demand for Fruit picking jobs usually peaks around in summer. The annual earning of the Fruit picking jobs vary from time to time due to the weather condition and different elements that affect agriculture production.
Fruit Picking Job Vacancies at Job Bank Canada 2023 [New Update]
Fruit industries in Canada are hiring hundreds of workers. The main job of the workers is picking and packing the Fruit. If you are fresher, getting this job won’t be a problem as Fruit picking job does not need any experience. The job vacancies are job bank Canada for fruit pickers which are attached below:
|No. of Vacancies
|British Columbia, Canada
|Fruit Or Vegetable Picker
|Strawberry Picking and Packaging
|Tomato Picker and Packer
Types of foods harvested in Canada.
- Apples: Apples are one of the top fruits grown in Canada. Ontario produces the maximum amount of apples compared to other states of Canada. Picking Apples starts in late August and runs through October.
- Cherries: Cherries are primarily grown in British Columbia and Ontario. The season of Picking cherries starts from early June to mid-July.
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are grown in different regions of Canada. Picking of Berries usually begins in late May and runs through September.
- Peaches: Peaches are mainly grown in Ontario, with its picking season in mid-July and running through September.
Requirements for Applicants for Fruit picking jobs in Canada
If you need Fruit picking jobs, you should meet a specific condition. Usually, the employer sets requirements, but regular fruit-picking jobs will require these requirements.
- Age: If you are 18 and above, you can apply for the Fruit picking jobs.
- Ability to work outdoors: if you can work against the heat in summer, cold, wind rain, then you can apply it
- Physical fitness: You should be physically fit, and you must be in good physical condition.
- Language: Normal English is okay for the job
- Education: No degree is required for the Fruit picking jobs.
Salary for Fruit Picker Jobs in Canada 2022
The salary of the fruit picker mainly depends upon the season and the quantity produced, but if we see the records, we can find the salary as follows.
Salary: Salary ranges from 1500$ to 3000$ per month
Benefits: Benefits like food, accommodation, and medical expenses are provided
Benefits of Working in Fruit Picking Jobs:
- Travels and Experience: You can meet and experience new people and places. You will learn about the local culture in Canada. You will be able to work in different parts of Canada.
- Physical Activity: You will be in good shape as Fruit picking jobs requires physical activity, and it helps to improve health.
- Income: You can earn a decent income during your Fruit picking job. It does pay you the hourly wage.
- Skill development: You will gain new skills such as teamwork, team management, and good physical skills.
Availability of Jobs:
Fruit picking jobs are available in different locations and times of the year as different fruits are grown in other months. So there are a large number of jobs available in this industry. The peak season of the Fruit picking jobs starts in July.
Duties and Responsibilities of Fruit Picking Workers in Canada
The duties and responsibilities of the Fruit picking jobs depend upon the employer’s position and location. We have gathered some duties and responsibilities of the works. Some of them are:
- Harvesting the Fruit: One of the primary duties of the Fruit picking job is harvesting the Fruit. You should be able to climb the ladder to the tree to carefully gather the Fruit so that the fruits are not damaged. This job does require picking Fruit from the branches. The fruits must be stored correctly in the basket.
- Sorting and Grading the fruits: After successfully harvesting the Fruit properly, the fruits must be sorted and graded as per the Fruit’s quality and size. In addition, the fruit picker should be able to find the damaged Fruit and keep it away from the fresh fruits. As such, you should be able to remove the Fruit that doesn’t meet the quality and standards set by the company.
- Packing and Transporting: After successfully sorting the damaged fruits and grading them as per the quality, the fruits must be properly loaded into the boxes and crates. Fruits should be adequately packaged and checked to see if they won’t get any damage.
- Operating Farm Equipment: Some fruit packing jobs in Canada may require using farm equipment like a truck or package truck. But the company will give some experience of the equipment.
- Working in a Team: Fruit-picking jobs involves teamwork. You can coordinate with the team. As such, you should be able to cooperate with all the workers, and you should be able to take the direction of the leader.
Fruit Picking jobs provide a new experience in the agricultural field. Salary and job responsibilities may vary from the location and company. As the Fruit picking job requires more physical stability, you can learn new skills like teamwork and working as a team.
You will get different benefits in the Fruit picking jobs. No experience is required in the fruit picking industry, which is a plus point for new workers searching for jobs in Canada.