- PayPal is the largest global payment gateway in the world
- The online payment service has over 337 million active users worldwide
- People can create a PayPal account for free in any country
PayPal was established in 1998 to facilitate business companies and individuals with easy means of financial transaction. Ever since then, PayPal has become immensely successful serving hundreds of million users from all around the globe. In this article, you will learn how to create and verify your PayPal account in Nepal.
Creative people such as writers, artists, musicians and others prefer various online platforms to reach wide range of audience and sell their creations. Most small and big companies use internet market to expand their businesses among international clients. Hence, in a generation of digital market, digital payment service like Paypal is a must to access online services.
Why do you need a PayPal account?
Working on the internet is one of the trendiest jobs attracting more and more people’s attention. Several online platforms like Fiver have made it a lot easier for creators to publish their contents and connect with potential clients online. However, if you don’t have an international payment account, you won’t be able receive your earnings from foreign customers. But there is nothing to worry about, PayPal can take care of your transaction.
- PayPal allows you to receive international currencies from every foreign country so that you can work with international clients with no limitation.
- Most online platforms are compatible with PayPal payment. Hence, if you work as a freelancer or own an internet business, money transaction won’t be an issue.
- Having a PayPal account makes online shopping highly convenient since you can buy goods from any global ecommerce site and make payment via PayPal.
Steps to Create a PayPal Account in Nepal
Follow the simple steps below to create a verified PayPal account online:
- Visit the PayPal website paypal.com
- On the homepage, click on ‘Sign Up’ button
- Next, select your country and then click on ‘Get Started’ button
- Enter your mobile number and proceed. You will receive a confirmation code in your number, use that code to move forward.
- Add your personal details and create a password to setup your profile.
- Now add your address in detail along with your official date of birth. Tick on User Agreement and Privacy Statement and click on ‘Agree and Create Account’ button.
- Your new PayPal has been successfully created. You will receive a verification email, verify your account using the link in the mail.
- You need to link a MasterCard to your PayPal account to access more services.
PayPal doesn’t accept local bank accounts so you must use a MasterCard to link. If you don’t have any, Payoneer MasterCard can be the simplest way to acquire. You can easily create Payoneer account using Nepali bank account and get a MasterCard. You can further link credit card or debit card. Having both PayPal and Payoneer account will offer you all the freedom to access international services and payment.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Do I need to submit any official documents while creating a PayPal account?
A: PayPal doesn’t ask for any official documents while signing up for the first time. However, you personal details such as full name, date of birth and address must be same as your Citizenship, Passport with a valid Id.
Q: Is PayPal fully supported in Nepal?
A: Nepalese users can create a PayPal account for free but you won’t get full access to PayPal services due to the restriction of Nepal Rashtriya Bank. One can send money using their PayPal account; however, there is no permission to receive money from other countries.
Q: Are there any better PayPal alternatives in Nepal?
A: There are still few global payment gateway services available in Nepal. While PayPal is not fully supported, creating a Payoneer account can be the best solution. Payoneer is a free international account and unlike PayPal, there is no restrictions.