spot_img
More

    Smart Lights Installation in the Streets of Kathmandu and Lalitpur

    Highlights:

    • Nepal Electricity Authority is installing smart lights on the street of Kathmandu and Lalitpur
    • The smart lights installation will take place within the different routes of the selected regions
    • The tender for installation is open with a one-year completion deal and five years maintenance

    Street lights can completely change the night view of a city. Besides making the streets bright and beautiful, it can also help prevent traffic accidents during night time. Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) has planned to install smart lights in the streets of Kathmandu and Lalitpur area. It is a cooperative project with the metropolitan and sub-metropolitan offices.

    Smart Street-lights Installation Areas

    NEA aims to install smart lights from the Tribhuwan International Airport to Kalanki and Koteshwor, and on the roadways in the Narayan Gopal Chowk area. Initially, street lights of 90W and 120W will be installed. The Authority has estimated a total of 2,078 smart lights to decorate the streets of Kathmandu valley. Majority of the lamps will be set on the existing infrastructures while around 270 lights need new constructions.

    Likewise, the roads of Lalitpur will devise 1400 smart lights, 239 of 60W and 1,161 of 90W bulbs. Several routes within Lalitpur have been selected for the light installation. The routes include Satdobato-Harisiddhi, Satdobato-Dhapakhel, Satdobato-Sunakothi, and Ekantakuna-Bhaisepati-Bungamati area.

    Paths connecting Bungamati Dobato and Rato Machhindranath Temple, Khokana Dobato and Rudrayani Temple, and Khokana Pass Park and Bungamati Temple are also part of the project. Also, 200 more high mast lights will be installed in 15 different locations.

    Project Tender

    The bids for installation of smart lights on the streets of selected regions has already opened. For Kathmandu valley, the contractor selection is almost final, while bids for Lalitpur have just released. The contract assigns the contractor a deal for the installation within a year, along with the maintenance for next five years.

    In terms of project cost, NEA representative Birat Sharma said that the authority would contribute 40% of the entire cost, while the Kathmandu Metropolitan and Lalitpur Sub-Metropolitan office would cover the remaining 60% installment cost.

    Smart Lights Operation

    NEA servers will have direct connection with the smart lights on the street. The authority will have full control over the street lights. It can switch on and off and monitor the power consumption. The smart lights will require less manpower and save more time and energy.

    Leave A Reply

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Prabin Raihttps://techsanchar.com
    I prefer writing as a means of exploring and staying updated with trends and talks around the globe! Content Writer | Graphic Designer

    Related Articles

    Best Daraz Deals

    4gb Ram | 64gb Storage | 6000 mAh


    64MP | Quad Camera


    >

    64MP | Quad Camera | 6000 mAh


    Latest Articles

    spot_img